Wagner and Mount St. Mary’s were pitted in a traditional, a Baker, and a best of seven Baker match this afternoon as the Seahawks finished the day 1-2.
Match I – Traditional (Mount St. Mary’s 1006, Wagner 880)
- The Seahawks and Mountaineers opened up Thursday’s event with a traditional 5 vs. 5 format.
- Amanda Medvetz led the way for the Seahawks in the opening match, rolling a team-high 219.
- Anelise Terrano shot a 194 while Totiana Miranda (167), Jessica Fetik (159), and Amanda Burdett (141) rounded out the scoring.
- Wagner quickly rebounded from the traditional format with a victory in the team’s first-ever baker match, defeating the Mountaineers by 64.
- The Seahawks won three straight games and four out of five in clinching the bakers, 179-168; 220-181; and 186-169, which secured the five-game baker set.
- Miranda threw eight strikes in a row in propelling the Seahawks to victory.
- The Mountaineers shrugged off their performance from match two in taking all four games in the best-of-seven Baker format.
- On the heels of her eight strikes, Miranda led Wagner with a 21.7 baker frame average.
- Medvetz (18.8), Terrano (16.8), Fetik (16.4), and Victoria Shaw (15.0) rounded out the Seahawks’ performance this afternoon.
Head Coach Joseph Ambrose:
- “It was awesome to lead our team in the first-ever competition here at Wagner. To get our first win today against a top-10 program and a school who is currently first in the NTCA Power Index Ranking, is a tremendous milestone for our athletes and our program,” head coach Joe Ambrose said.”
- “Our teams works really well together and there wasn’t a hint of hesitation in helping one another today. Their selflessness was instrumental in us having a great first day on the lanes.”
- “We really didn’t have to adjust too much after the first match. Mount St. Mary’s bowled great. We did make a few lineup adjustments in baker, which worked out very well.”
- “In match three, we couldn’t execute on the changing lanes and will have to do a better job of that on Friday, but, overall, it was a very successful first day in the history of the Wagner bowling program.”
- Wagner will be back on the lanes Friday afternoon for the first-ever Seahawk Invite, in which the Seahawks will face off against the same Mountaineers and the LIU Sharks.